Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Reactions to Reactions

I believe that people should know about every day reactions because knowing one simple thing could save one's life one day.  When I think about it, it actually kind of blows my mind to think that [we] and everything around us are the products of chemical reactions, and we're lucky enough to be put together in a complicated enough of a way to have our own consciousness.  I mean, we're just walking, talking, living elements.  That's something to throw into a stoner's conversation.

Getting to the point; if someone knows about the every day items, the could, not only clean up their puppy's mess (for the fourth time today), or take out a grass stain in clothes, (the chemicals and enzymes in detergents and cleaning agents are put in there specifically for things like that), but they could survive a significantly longer time in The Wasteland, what with being able to poison giant rats and Super mutants (Fallout reference *cough cough*).

Knowing what does what with simple products that we use every day just may be able to save your life.  For example; you're cleaning  your bathroom and you just can't seem to get the smell out of the shower curtains or the toilet. or perhaps there's an awful stench lingering from in the drain.  You sprout an idea; "clorox+ammonia= ultimate cleaning solution! :0 why hadn't anyone thought of it before?" you say to yourself.  Well, let me just warn you now: don't do it.  That combination just so happens to create mustard gas.  Now, unless you're fond of chocking to death on noxious fumes, take my advice.  And don't hold me accountable for telling anyone to do it, because I never told anyone, I was just using an example.  So don't say I didn't warn you.

I can't quite think of any other combinations right off the bat, but for now, I feel like that gets the point across fairly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment