Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Book Update

To be quite honest, my book didn't really live up to my expectations, or it's title.  I checked it out so many times at the school's library that I ran out of renewals for it.  I didn't even know that you could do that. . . The reason why I had to check it out so many times isn't because the language was to hard to read; it's not like it was a super high level of reading, it's actually fairly low as long as you have a pocket dictionary at your side for when  you run into the occasional word that you don't know how to pronounce, or the definition off-hand.  I just couldn't get into it.  It's like reading Mein Kampf but for science nerds; incredibly boring, a LOT longer than it looks, and giving a long, unnecessary background that, quite honestly, probably could have been made shorter than it was.

To say the least, I couldn't have made it half way through the book, even if I could summon the willpower to pick it up again.  I give an absolutely sincere apology to anyone who liked it enough to actually even get INTO it, but I just couldn't do it.  Unfortunately enough to say; I am not impressed.

One of the things that I had actually learned when I forced myself to rack my brain by reading it, though, was pretty interesting.  I learned that the U.S. made some sort of act that allows any citizen to claim land in the name of the country if it's believed to have guano anywhere on it.  Sadly enough, this act is still in place today.  I'm not sure if I even got far enough in to find anything else even moderately interesting out, so I'm going to go ahead and end this disappointed blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment